Khasab is the regional center of Musandam. It is located about 550 km from Muscat and less than 200 km from Dubai. It has a population of 20,000 residents. Away from the rush of life, Khasab can definitely be a magnificent escape where you can indulge yourself and your loved ones. Its crystal clear water, mighty mountains and un-spoilt beaches are a great destination for many tourists. With such qualities, Khasab can absolutely give you a truly memorable holiday.
Khasab is great to spend a weekend off from Dubai or to visit on your way to Muscat taking the twice a day ferry-boat along the deserted and arid rocky coast of Musandam.
If you get a chance to visit beautiful Khasab Oman, here are some interesting things to do in Khasab Oman.
1. Khasab Fort; build by Portuguese in 17th century. You will find lots of old traditional stuff. We have Khasab City Tour option which include visit to Khasab fort.
2. Khasab dhow cruise; must take dhow cruise trip to Musandam Fjords. During the some activities such as swimming, snorkeling, dolphin watching, exploring fisherman villages & some other sightseeing's make your trip memorable one. Khasab Sea Tours offers some exciting dhow cruise packages half day dhow cruise, full day dhow cruise & private dhow cruise excursion.
3. Mountain safari; take a half day trip to the Musandam mountain and visit Khor Najd, highest mountain jebel al harim which is 2100 meters from the sea level. Khasab Sea Tours offer Mountain Safari Trip for visitors in Khasab.
4. Beach camping; you can camp at bassa beach as well we have option of Khasab remote beach camping insight Musandam fjords. Tents, sleeping equipment’s & other necessary equipment’s by Khasab Sea Tours.
5. Khasab Dhow Camping; camping in traditional Omani decorated dhow cruise carpet & cushions. We provide you sleeping equipment’s on the board.
6. Fishing trip Khasab; fishing lines & baits on the dhow or speedboat.
6. Trekking; near to Sham village fjords and Kumzar village.
7. Old souk & new souk visit with city tour.
8. Wadi Qadah & Wadi tawi.